In this tutorial, I will tell you how to create an Android App efficiently without writing even a single line of code with CS6 version of Adobe Flash. More than designing a website in Flash, CS6 version of Adobe has extended its capability to create application for Android and IOS. Here we are going to discuss how to create a background changing android app efficiently in Flash CS6.
Instead of creating this application from scratch, I’m going to use a template that already exists in Flash. So let’s start.
Open Adobe Flash Professional CS6. Select File -> New -> Templates -> AIR for Android -> Swipe gallery -> press OK.
Now, you have a completed version of Flash template that contains a big symbol with four slides on the screen and it’s named as gallery items. Refer to the screenshot below.
Download any four royalty free wallpaper images and a sofa image [PNG file] from the internet. Below you can find all the images that I have used in this app.
Open your images in Photoshop and re-size them to 428 x 799 pixels except the sofa image.
Go back to Flash document and do the following steps
- Select the gallery item layer.
- Click on ‘new layer’ icon to insert a new layer on top of the gallery item layer and name it as ‘Sofa’.
- Use import command to import the image into the new layer. For that, select the first frame of sofa layer and go to File -> Import -> import to stage -> select sofa image -> Open. Adjust the width and height of this image according to the stage as you see below:
Let’s preview our document how it looks.
- Double click on the gallery_items movie clip and import the saved wall paper images to the stage.
- Fix the four images on four different slides. You can see the preview below:
Done. Your App is ready. Don’t worry about the functionality of this App because it has already AS 3.0 script inside. Don’t try to manipulate the AS script in the action panel.
Publishing your App to Android
Now, this is the time to publish your App to Android. For that, go to File -> AIR 3.2 for Android settings to display Android settings panel. Do the necessary settings in each tab. See the pictures below:
Before you hit the ‘Publish’ button, make sure that your Android phone is connected to your computer via USB cable and do some changes in the settings. For that, click on settings -> Developer options -> Check USB Debugging option. Please refer to the picture given below:
Enjoy the completed version of the App!